[To search all databases, click here]
Table of Contents

Title Page
Author's Preface
1 The Road through Richmond Hill
2 First Peoples on the Land
3 The European Settlers Arrive
4 From Miles' Hill to Richmond Hill: The Birth of a Community
5 Tories and Reformers
6 Stagecoach Lines and Railway Tracks
7 The Neighbours at Mid-Century
8 Fire Brigades and Fence Viewers
9 Picture Post Card Village of the 1880s and 1890s
10 Rails through Richmond Hill
11 The Flowering of Richmond Hill
12 The Village Transformed
Table of Illustrations
In 1880, village council moved its meeting room from the Robin Hood Hotel to the second floor of the new Palmer Block, pictured on the right, at the northwest corner of Yonge and Arnold streets. The fire engine house was located on the north end of this building.
Return to Text

Copyright Richmond Hill Public Library Board, 1991