[To search all databases, click here]
Table of Contents

Title Page
Author's Preface
1 The Road through Richmond Hill
2 First Peoples on the Land
3 The European Settlers Arrive
4 From Miles' Hill to Richmond Hill: The Birth of a Community
5 Tories and Reformers
6 Stagecoach Lines and Railway Tracks
7 The Neighbours at Mid-Century
8 Fire Brigades and Fence Viewers
9 Picture Post Card Village of the 1880s and 1890s
10 Rails through Richmond Hill
11 The Flowering of Richmond Hill
12 The Village Transformed
Table of Illustrations
Observatory House on Observatory Lane, pictured in 1933. Robert and Sara (Bridgeford) Marsh built the older section of the house in the 1840s. A later addition was erected by their grandson Alexander in 1866.
Return to Text

Copyright Richmond Hill Public Library Board, 1991