[To search all databases, click here]
Table of Contents

Title Page
1860s and earlier
Wright family photo albums, 1860-1900
Photos circa 1900 to 1940


Yonge St. at the corner of Dunlop St., known at the time as Dufferin St. Hill's Bakery is the building on the corner and the photo was taken just before it was demolished in 1928.
Looking north on Yonge St. from just south of Wright St. The 1897 Richmond Hill High School is on the left.
Yonge Street, looking north from Elgin Mills Road, in the 1920s.
The automobile and the horse and buggy compete for attention on Yonge Street.
A radial car, circa 1920s.
Looking south on Yonge Street around 1930. The Palmer House Hotel is on the right side of the road by the two cars.

The last crop on the Palmer Farm, south half of lot 45, Concession One, Markham Township, 1922, with Richard Stephenson cutting grain.
Mr. Paxton ploughing a field where the Richmond Plaza sits today.
The Scott Farm on Scott Drive.
The Robert Moodie House (circa. 1820) in the 1920s when Wesley Middleton and his wife Elsie Pearson lived there.
317 Mill Street in 1923. The house was built in 1885 by Jesse Good, and was purchased in 1922 by J. Allan Bales.
The buggy owned by J. Allan Bales, who resided at 317 Mill Street.
The buggy owned by J. Allan Bales, who resided at 317 Mill Street.
297 Richmond Street, built c.1880 sometime in the 1920s. This was the William Innes house and was bought by the Marsh family in 1928.
Another view of the William Innes house at 297 Richmond Street, this time with the milk wagon in front.
Mrs. Quantz's house on Roseview Ave. at the corner of Baker Ave.
8825 Bathurst Street. The house was built c. 1845, and was renovated sometime in the 1930s.
Water tower at the Mill Pond, built in 1921 and demolished in April 1962.
The Rustic Inn on the west side of Yonge Street at Nos. 24-28 South. The business was begun by Daniel Stong in the 1920s, and continued by his daughter and son-in-law, Ethel and James Wigmore, as an ice cream parlour, restaurant, and boarding house.
Another view of The Rustic Inn with some of the family on the front porch.
F.E. Sims General Store on the east side of Yonge Street, north of the radial railway station.
Interior view of the F.E. Sims General Store.
The old Fire Proof Store. The gable roofs were added after 1917.
The Innes Mill at the west end of Richmond Street, south of the Mill Pond, in the 1920s.
Employees of the Innes Mill in the 1920s. Standing are, left to right: - Denby,Isill Tyndall,- Rikey, -, Carnie Marsh,- Neal,Bert Meek,George Sims,Jim Wigmore,Will Innes. Seated: Harry Innes, -, - Teatzell,- Teatzell, -, - - Hopper,Bert Bennett,Harry Leach.
The new Richmond Hill High School of 1924, the core of the current high school building on Wright Street.
The Loyal True Blue and Orange Home,Yonge Street North, opened in 1923. Roger Carlsen

The Routledge Blacksmith Shop on Yonge St. in Oak Ridges circa 1927 just before being torn down. The shop was located on the west side of Yonge just south of Blackforest Dr.
The fields and pond behind the Routledge Blacksmith Shop
The Routledge Blacksmith Shop being demolished in 1927 to prepare for widening and paving Yonge St.
Swimming at Lake Wilcox
Along the shore of Lake Wilcox
On the dock at Lake Wilcox


Previous    Next

This electronic finding aid to the local historical photos of Richmond Hill is provided courtesy of the Richmond Hill Public Library.