Table of Contents
|Drynoch, the residence
Macleod, west of
Yonge Street and
Sideroad. Macleod built the home in 1846, named it after his home estate
in Scotland, and made it the headquarters of his vast 600-acre (about
240-hectare) Canadian farming operation. One of his sons, Colonel
Macleod, achieved fame with the North-West Mounted Police and came to be
regarded as a founding father of southern Alberta.
|Return to Text
This electronic finding aid to the local historical photos of Richmond Hill is provided courtesy of the Richmond Hill Public Library.