[To search all databases, click here]
Browse the Name index

Carrville United Church Cemetery is located on the north side of Rutherford Road, west of Bathurst Street. The church, originally Methodist, was built about 1857 on land donated by Thomas Cook, storekeeper, mill owner and postmaster in the rural hamlet of Carrville. The oldest known burial in the cemetery dates back to the mid 1860s, but no records are available. Many of the older markers have been placed in a cairn.

Notable burials include the church's benefactor Thomas Cook and his brother William.

A complete transcription of burials at Carrville United Church Cemetery is available from the Ontario Genealogical Society:

For views of the church and grounds, click here.


Bone (Plot 1.1)
Ellarby/Cook (Plot 2.1)
Prentice (Plot 4.2)
Deadman (Plot 6.2)
Baker (Plot 6.1)
Reaman (Plot 6.3)
Leaf/Brillinger (Plot 9.1)
Brillinger (Plot 10.1)
Atkinson (Plot 10.2)
Atkinson (Plot 10.3)
Grainger (Plot 11.2)
Ness (Plot 11.1)
Ness (Plot 12.1)
Cairn (Plot Cairn, southeast face)
Cairn (Plot Cairn, northwest face)
Cairn (Plot 13 southwest)
Braithwaite (Plot 12.3)
Tennyson (Plot 12.5)
Tennyson (Plot 12.6)
Champion (Plot 11.7)
Coombs (Plot 11.5)
Coombs (Plot 11.6)
Deadman (Plot 8.2)
Buse (Plot 8.3)
Summers (Plot 8.4)
Prentice (Plot 10.5)
Prentice (Plot 10.6)
Prentice (Plot 10.7)
Sheppard (Plot 8.5)
Cook (Plot 7.4)
Badger (Plot 7.3)
Bone (Plot 8.1)

Return to Start

This electronic finding aid to the cemeteries serving the population of Richmond Hill is provided courtesy of the Richmond Hill Public Library.