[To search all databases, click here]

Browse the Name index

Surnames on this stone
  Thixton (1)
  Willson (1)
  Wilson (1)

Previous Stone   Next Stone


East face

John Willson Esq.
aged 90 years
and 11 days
died July 8th 1829
moved 1940
East Gwillimbury
In mind
Rebecca Willson
wife of
John Willson Esq.
departed June
6th 1804
aged 61 years
moved in 1940
Lot 26 Markham
which was a
Loyalist grant
to her son
W.L. Willson

West face

John Willson, U.E.L.
born in Middlesex Cy,
New Jersey, 1739.
died in
York Cy, Upper Canada, 1829
also his wife
Rebecca Thixton
born in New Jersey, 1743
died in Markham Tp.
Yonge St 1804
John Willson brought his family
to St. John, N.B. in the "May
Fleet" in 1783, and came to
Upper Canada in 1793. He held
the lease of the first "Kings
Mill on St John's Creek" on
the site of the present ruin
known as the Old Mill on the
Humber, from 1793 till 1799,
when he came to Yonge St.
with his son and a nephew,
John Arnold. He was among the
officers of the 1st York Regiment
held prisoers at Fort York
in April, 1813.

Return to Start

This electronic finding aid to the cemeteries serving the population of Richmond Hill is provided courtesy of the Richmond Hill Public Library.